Dr. Samant Saurabh is Ph.D. in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Technology, Patna. He has done his Masters from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in Electronics and Communication Engineering. His area of interest is Computer Security, Data Mining and Algorithms.
- PhD: Computer Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Masters: Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA
- UG.: Electronics and Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Computer Networks, Network and Information Security
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Probability & Statistics
- Data Analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Algorithms and Operation Research
- Network Security
- Data Analytics, Algorithm and Graph Theory
Peer Reviewed Journal Publication:
- Samant Saurabh, Sanjay Madria, Anirban Mondal, Ashok Singh Sairam, Saurabh Mishra, " An Analytical Model for Information Gathering and Propagation in Social Networks using Random Graphs", Data and Knowledge Engineering, Elsevier, (ABDC category A, impact factor 1.476, SCI) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.datak.2020.101852
- Samant Saurabh and Kushankur Dey, " Unraveling the Relationship between Social Moods and the Stock Market: Evidence from the United Kingdom ", Journal of Behavioural Finance, Volume 26, June 2020, 100300, Elsevier (ABDC category A) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- Issa, Tomayess, Sulaiman Alqahtani, Theodora Issa, Noorminshah A. Iahad, Peldon Peldon, Sooyoung Kim, Samant Saurabh, Sumaiya Pervaizz, and Sun Joo Yoo. "Asia-Pacific Students' Awareness and Behaviour Regarding Social Networking in the Education Sector." Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM) 27, no. 4 (2019): 119-146. (ABDC A category, SSCI, SCOPUS, Impact factor 1.098)
- Samant Saurabh and Sanjana Gautam, Modelling and statistical analysis of YouTube's educational videos: A channel Owner's perspective, Computers and Education, vol 128, pp: 145-158, Elsevier, 2019 [SCI, Impact Factor: 5.57
- Samant Saurabh andAshok Singh Sairam,ICMP based IP traceback with negligible overhead for highly distributed reflector attack using bloom filters, Computer Communications, Elsevier, vol. 42, pp: 60 --69, Computer Communications, Elsevier, 2014. [SCI, Impact factor: 3.338, H5 Index: 85, citations 15]
- Samant SaurabhandAshok Singh Sairam,Increasing the Effectiveness of Packet Marking Schemes using Wrap-Around Counting Bloom Filter, Security and Communication, John Wiley and Sons, vol. 9, No. 16, pp: 3467-3482, 2016. [SCI, Impact factor: 1.067, H5 Index: 23, citations 1]
- Samant Saurabh andAshok Singh Sairam,Professors – The new YouTube stars: Education through Web 2.0 and Social Network, the international Journal of Web Based Communities, Inderscience, Special Issue on: "Social Networking and Web-based Communities for Education" vol. 9, no. 2, 2013 [SCOPUS, citations 11, H5 Index: 19]
- Samant Saurabh, Sangita Roy andAshok Singh Sairam,Extended Deterministic Edge Router Marking, International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems, Inderscience, 13(2): 169-186 (2014) [SCOPUS, citations 1, H5 Index: 11]
- Samant Saurabh andAshok Singh Sairam,Increasing Accuracy and Reliability of IP Traceback for DDoS Attack Using Completion Condition, International Journal of Network Security, Vol.18, No.2, pp:.224-234, Mar. 2016. [SCOPUS, citations 6, H5 Index: 20]
- Samant Saurabh and Ashok Singh Sairam. "Effect of Social Networking on Higher Education in India."Social Networking and Education, Springer International Publishing, 51-68, 2016.
- Samant Saurabh and Ashok Singh Sairam. "Inferring the Deployment of Source Address Validation Filtering using Silence of Path-Backscatter" Communications (NCC), 2018 National Conference on. IEEE, 2018 (Accepted). [ H5 index 24 ]
- Samant Saurabh and Ashok Singh Sairam. "A more accurate completion condition for attack-graph reconstruction in Probabilistic Packet Marking algorithm."Communications (NCC), 2013 National Conference on. IEEE, 2013. [ H5 index 24 citation 4]
- Samant Saurabh and Ashok Singh Sairam, Linear and Remainder Packet Marking for Fast IP TraceBack, Communication Systems and Networks, 2012. COMSNETS 2012. Fourth International, January 2012, Bangalore, India, IEEE Communication Society. [H5 index 25 citations 18]
- Samant Saurabh and Ashok Singh Sairam, “Eagle Eyes: Protocol Independent Packet Marking Scheme to Selectively Filter Attack Packets During Flooding Based DoS and DDoS Attacks”, Third International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT 2012), 23 - 25 Nov. 2012, Allahabad, India. [H5 index 15]
- Samant Saurabh and Ashok Singh Sairam, “FC-DERM: Fragmentation Compatible Deterministic Edge Router Marking”, The 17th Asia Pacific Conference on Communication, ACPC 2011, 2 - 5 October 2011, Sabah, Malaysia. IEEE Communication Society. [H5 index 12]
- Samant Saurabh and Ashok Sairam, “PT: A Path Tracing and Filtering Mechanism to Defend against DDoS Attacks”, In Proceedings of International Conference of Information Processing, Bangalore, August 2011(Springer Verlag).
- Samant Saurabh, Shashi Shekhar Singh, Ashok Sairam, “Global Distributed Indexing for In-Network Storage in Sensor Networks.” In Proceedings of International Conference of Information Processing, Bangalore, August 2011(Springer Verlag).