Prabhat Ranjan has completed his Ph.D. (FPM) in Operations Management from IIM Calcutta. Prior to this, he has completed PGDM from IIM Ranchi, and B.Sc. (Maths Hons.) from Magadh University Bodh Gaya. He has published two co-authored research paper in Annals of Operations Research and Journal of the Operational Research Society. His research interests include DEA and Preference Matching Algorithm. His teaching interests include subjects of Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques area, such as, Statistics for Management, Operations Research, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management & Dynamic Pricing, and other courses. He is a member of American Economic Association and a life-time member of Indian Mathematical Society.
- Ph.D. (FPM), Operations Management, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
- MBA (PGDM), Indian Institute of Management Ranchi.
- B.Sc., Hons. in Mathematics, Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
- Statistics for Management.
- Operations Research.
- Operations Management.
- Project Management.
- Production & Inventory Control.
- Revenue Management & Dynamic Pricing.
- Data Envelopment Analysis.
- Efficiency in Higher Education.
- Preference Matching.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publication:
- Singh, Sanjeet & Ranjan, Prabhat (2018). Efficiency analysis of non-homogeneous parallel sub-unit systems for the performance measurement of higher education. Annals of Operations Research, Vol. 269, No. 1, pp. 641-666. DOI:10.1007/s10479-017-2586-0
- Ranjan, Prabhat & Singh, Sanjeet (2020). System Efficiency Evaluation of Homogeneous Parallel Production Systems: An Aggregation Approach. Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol. 71, No. 2, pp. 346-361. DOI:10.1080/01605682.2018.
- Ranjan, Prabhat & Singh, Sanjeet. Non-homogeneous independent sub-unit system efficiency evaluation under interval weights. DEA International Conference 2016, 2-5 July 2016, Nanjing Audit University, Nanjing, China.
- Ranjan, Prabhat & Singh, Sanjeet. Cross efficiency ranking of DMUs consisted of non-homogeneous independent sub-unit system: An application to higher education in India. ORSI 49th Annual Convention 2016, 12-14 December 2016, BIMTECH, Greater Noida, India.
- Singh, Sanjeet & Ranjan, Prabhat (presented by Sanjeet Singh). Efficiency Analysis of Higher Education Institutions: Use of Categorical Variables. 15th International Conference on Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA 2017), 26-29 June 2017, University of Economics, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Ranjan, Prabhat & Singh, Sanjeet (2018). A New Algorithm for Student-Optimal Match: A Framework for Management Institution’s Admission in India. IIM Calcutta Working Paper Series 805/2018.
- Indian Mathematical Society, India, Life-time member.