Ph.D in English from IIT Dhanbad. Teaching Business Communication & Business Ethics. Research areas & interests include Literature & Critical Theory, Eastern Mysticism & Philosophy, Happiness based education etc. More than 8.5 years experience in teaching to diverse group of learners from various backgrounds. Published in major peer reviewed journals.
- Ph.D., English Literature, Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad
- M.A., English, English & Foreign Languages University
- B.A., English (Hons.), University of Burdwan
- Assistant Professor in English, Haldia Institute of Technology
- Visiting Faculty, Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Teacher of English, R.I.C.E. Kolkata
- Teacher of English, Tender Heart Sr. Sec. School, Ranchi
- Business Communication
- Personality Development
- Business Ethics
- Indian Social Structure
- English Literature and Critical Theory
- Oriental Philosophy
Peer Reviewed Journal Publication:
- Saumya Bera and Soumyajyoti Banerjee (2018). Self and the Quest for Existential Space, Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 65-76.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Rajni Singh (2016). The Transcendental Self: Demystifying Panchaali in Chitra banerjee Divakaruni’s The Palace of Illusions, Archiv Orientalni, Vol. 84, No. 2, pp. 269-290.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Rajni Singh (2015). Becoming Krishnaa; Panchaali’s Quest in Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s The Palace of Illusions, Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 186-195.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Rajni Singh (2015). Food for Thought: Women and Femininity in Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s The Mistress of Spices, Dialogue: A Journal Devoted to Literary Appreciation, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 33-42.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Amrita Basu (2014). Understanding the Nation: Mystifying, Demystifying India in Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s Queen of Dreams, International Journal of English Language and Translation Studies, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 96-105.
- SSoumyajyoti Banerjee and Amrita Basu (2013). Food, Memory, Identity and Diaspora: An Exploration of Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s The Mistress of Spices Interactions, Vol. 2, No. 1, 34-44.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Amrita Basu (2012). Indian English Nursery Rhymes: Bridging the gap between L1 and L2, IUP Journal of English Studies, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 45-54.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Amrita Basu (2016). “Krishna to Krishnaa: Body as Text” in Indian Fiction in English, ed. Sajal kr. Bhattacharya et. al., pp. 255-267.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Amrita Basu (2016). “Integral Education of Sri Arobindo: Towards a Global Consciousness” in Sri Arobindo: Revolutionary and Yogi, ed. Amrita Dutta et.al., pp. 194-202.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Amrita Basu (2016). “Poker Selection in Engineering Colleges: Subtle Presence of Ragging and Bullying Dynamics” in Where Dreams Become Nightmares: Ragging in Educational Institutions, ed. Amrita Dutta et. al., pp. 101-109.
- Soumyajyoti Banerjee and Samiran Sur (2012). “ Role of Knowledge Management towards the development of Innovation and Creativity in newly developing entrepreneurial ventures” in Innovation and Creativity for Business Excellence, ed. J.K. Pattanayak, pp. 139-143.
- “Re-placing Memory: Intertextual Collage in Lakshmisree Banerjee’s Peahen Passions.” Indian English Poetry by Women since 1980. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. 2014.
- “Myth, Mishti Marketing: An Exploration of Cadbury Mishti, Sera Srishti.” Folklore and Tribal Studies in Eastern and North-East India. University of Kalyani. 2014.
- “Garland and Wreath.” Contemporary Media Scenario in South Asian Region. University of Burdwan. 2014.
- “Digital Language Laboratory and Teacher-Learner Relationship in Teaching-Learning Pedagogy.” Virtual Communication: An Emerging Trend and its Impact on Comunication. Padmanava College of Engineering, Rourkela. 2013
- “Role of Knowledge Management towards the development of Creativity and Innovation in newly developing entrepreneurial ventures.” Innnovation and Creativity for Business Excellence. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. 2011.