Priyavrat Sanyal is an Assistant Professor in the area of Marketing. He completed Fellow Program in Management – Full Time (Ph.D.) from Indian Institute of Management, Indore in the area of Marketing. Prior to joining academia, he worked in the industry for almost 12 years in Sales, Service, Marketing and Engineering functions with Godrej and Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd and Subsidiary of Reliance Industries. His teaching and research interest include business to business marketing, sales and distribution management, marketing strategy and social marketing. He was awarded as an MSME Research Fellow in 2016 by Ni-MSME, Ministry of Industries, GoI. He is also involved in consulting projects for government and non-government organizations.
- Fellow Programme in Management, Marketing, Indian Institute of Management Indore (2014-2019).
- Masters in Marketing Management, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- B.E. (Mechanical Engineering), Dr. B.R.Ambedkar University, Agra.
- IIM Bodh Gaya. Assistant Professor Marketing; October 2020- Present
- IMT Ghaziabad. Assistant Professor Marketing; June 2019- October 2020
- IIM Indore. Doctoral Fellow; July 2014- May 2019
- Service Head (Andhra Pradesh), Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd; June 2004-April 2014 (Handled multiple portfolios in the period of 10 years across India)
- Sales Associate – Technical, S.E.S.P.L. (A Subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd) August; 2002-May 2004
Sales and Distribution Management, Business to Business Marketing, Key Account Management in B-to-B Marketing, Marketing Strategy.
Seminar in Distribution channels, Data Analysis with PLS and AMOS, Seminar Course in B2B Marketing.
- Temporal perspectives of Distribution Channel relationship
- Sales-service ambidexterity, Value based selling, Inside Vs Outside Sales management, Key account management
- Marketing for MSMEs
- Customer Engagement design for B2B transactions
View Research Profile
- “Sales-service ambidexterity and value-based selling: An effectiveness framework and research propositions”, paper accepted for presentation at AMA-Summer 2020 virtual conference.
- “Exploring Brand Communities on Social Media”, paper presented at NASMEI-Summer Conference, 2019 at IIM Indore.
- “Dealer lifetime Value- Whom to focus, whom to let go?”, paper presented at JAMS-India Conference, 2018 at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad.
- “Antecedents to adoption of Sustainable Supply chain practices: Role of Firm’s Strategic Green Orientation”, paper presented at SUSCON-2018 Conference at IIM Shillong.
- “Organizational relationship between Public Sector Units and MSME (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises): An evidence from India”, paper presented at NSMEI- Summer Conference, 2017 at IIM Indore.
- Attended ISBM – PhD Camp at Emory University, Atlanta, USA in 2016.
- “Understanding the Effect of Social Networking Sites (SNS) on Buying Center in Business-to-Business Context”, paper presented at ISBM Biennial Academic Conference- 2016 at Emory University, Atlanta USA.
- Sanyal P. and Goyal V., “Retailer’s opportunistic behaviour on own investment in Manufacturer-Retailer relationship: An equity theory perspective”.
- Sanyal P. and Singh R., “Understanding the effect of Social Networking Sites (SNS) on buying behaviour in business to business context.
- Sanyal P. and Swatantra., “Effect of Servicescapes in healthcare service quality perception: An evidence from emerging economies”.
- Sanyal P., Ghosh T. and Pandey R., “Two decades of research on customer engagement: A retrospective”.
- Sanyal P., Singh R., Srivastava G. and Puri S., “Sales-service ambidexterity and value-based selling: An effectiveness framework and research propositions”.
- Attended theory building workshop conducted by Prof Ajay Kohli at ISBM PhD Camp- 2016.
Awards & Honours:
- MSME Fellow- 2016
- Qualified UGC-NET – 2012
- Impact assessment project conducted for Habitat International in 2019
- MDP for Sales Managers of Maruti Suzuki India Limited Dealers at Lucknow in 2020.