Anirban Sengupta is an Assistant Professor in the area of Economics and Business Environment at Indian Institute of Management, Bodhgaya. He is a Ph.D in Economics from Indian Institute of Management Indore. Prior to Ph.D he completed his MBA in Banking Management. He is a NSE Certified Market Professional and cleared all the levels of Financial Risk Management (FRM). His research areas are open economy macroeconomics, growth theory and international economic relations. He has published papers in international journals and presented papers in international conferences.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
- MBA in Banking Management, Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune.
- B.E. in Information Technology, University of Mumbai.
Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, International Finance & Trade, Economic Growth and Development, Central Banking, Game Theory for Managers.
Open Economy Macroeconomics, Growth Theory, Mathematics for Economist.
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Growth Theory
- Energy Economics
- International Economic Relations
View Research Profile
Publications- Journal Articles:
- Sengupta, A., & Rastogi, S. K. (2018). US-China Trade War Data: Truth and Post-Truth. World Economics, 19(4), 189-212.
- Hassan, Y., & Sengupta, A. (2019). India–an untapped market for halal products. Journal of Islamic Marketing
- Capital flows and Structural Change in Developing Open Economies: A theoretical Perspective at Emerging market finance and trade conference, Chania, Crete Islands Greece, June,2017.
- Impact of capital flows on macroeconomic variables in BRICS economies: An empirical investigation, at 7th International Scientific conference on New trends, Strategies and Structural changes in Emerging Economies. People's Friendship University of Russia, Moscow. May, 2018.
- Oil Shocks and Financial Stress: Evidence from Oil Importing and Oil Exporting Countries at Society of Economic Measurement conference, Goethe University Frankfurt, August 2019.
- Capital flows and Structural Change in Developing Open Economies: A theoretical Perspective. (Co-Authored with Prof. Subhasankar Chattopadhyay)
- Impact of capital flows on macroeconomic variables in India:An empirical investigation.(Co-Authored with Prof. Subhasankar Chattopadhyay, Prof.Debasish Maitra)
- When India held WTO as hostage and the world paid a ransom: A Game-theoretic explanation (Co-Authored with Prof.Siddhartha K Rastogi)
- Oil Shocks and Financial Stress: Evidence from Oil Importing and Oil Exporting Countries. (Co-authored with Prof.Debasish Maitra, Prof.Saumya Ranajan Dash).
- Oil Shocks and Consumer Confidence Index: Evidence from OECD economies. (Co-authored with Prof.Debasish Maitra).
- Oil Shocks and Economic Policy Uncertainty Index: A Markov regime switching approach. (Co-authored with Prof.Debasish Maitra).
Awards and Honours:
- NSE Certified Market Professional Level-2.
- Passed all the levels of Financial Risk Management.